Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Big and Beautiful - Navy Galaxy

In a previous post I explained all about the small and beautiful bead kits (or rather Leann at Charms Addict did) and how I still had several beads I really wanted.  My top most wanted was the Navy Galaxy; but try as hard as I could, I just could not get a small and beautiful one.

Then came what the community called the big and beautifuls.  Same style of beads but with a universal core (bigger holes to fit all the other branded bracelets and not just troll) and larger glass, closer to a Troll standard glass production bead size.  But I still couldn't score a Navy Galaxy even though they were less desirable to a lot of collectors due to the bigger core - some folk just really don't like Universal Cores, often shortened to UU rather than classic core CC if you wondered what all those acronyms stood for.

So it looked like I was never going to get my hands on one, then enter my trollfairy - who won the chance to get a knockout Big and Beautiful Navy Galaxy, and gave it to me for the retail price she paid for it - so given how hard it has been to get hold of this, I've been very lucky to have one at this price.


This was a really hard bead to photograph on it's own, however I had no problem using this in a bracelet!  Time for a new combination!

L-R from lock: stopper, Beach, Luccicare Bead, Artisan Bead (unknown), Libra and Sagittarius Zodiac Star,
Purple OOAK, Luccicare bead, Aquarius Zodiac Star, Blue & Black OOAK, Silver Wisdom,
Luccicare Bead,  Libra and Sagittarius Zodiac Star, Purple OOAK, Purple Python OOAK,
Aquarius Zodiac Star, Artisan Bead (unknown), Navy Galaxy, Blue Goldstone, stopper, Chess Lock

I've been wearing this one double stacked with another blues bracelet, but more on that very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love saying hi to people who've read my blog, or are just passing through via the A to Z, or anyone not a spam bot!

P.s. If you use an iPad/iPhone and are having trouble leaving a comment on Blogger, you might have better luck using a browser that's not the default iPad one... Then from the "Comment as" drop down menu choose Name/Url (you can leave URL field blank or add your web address) or Anonymous and (hopefully) away you go! Mars xx